Work with us
Why work at BYP Network?
BYP is a tech scaleup with huge growth plans for the coming year, including expansion into the US and other markets. We constantly strive to be at the height of innovation, developing new products and seeking fresh avenues to create the best value and experience for our community and partners. If you like a fast paced environment where you can work with some of the most trailblazing leaders from a range of sectors, all while making a positive social impact, then BYP is the place for you.
Our flagship office is based in central London, and we work in a flexible hybrid format. In addition to the standard work packages, we have quarterly social events, team takeaways, and a plentiful office fridge and snack cupboard. There are numerous opportunities to learn and advance your own professional development, including regular partner activities to engage with and access to LinkedIn Learning.
We champion diversity and inclusion within BYP and are driven by our collective values and mission to change the Black narrative. Join us today by checking out one of the open roles above or signing up to our newsletter to hear about future vacancies.
With a fast and growing business and a young team, we are looking to hire a part-qualified or accounting technician that is keen on getting fully involved in the commercial development of the business rather than mere book-keeping.
You must be highly inquisitive and eager to learn about the business and advise its leaders on the costs and benefits of various strategies that the business is looking to implement.
- Profitability analysis, comparing actuals with forecasts of the business
- Controlling the working capital cycle in the company
- Working with senior management to identify financial risks and opportunities
- Developing cost reporting processes and procedures
- Managing the budgeting process for the company
- Checking the process of cost allocations across the company
- Preparing strategic and operational based information for financial planning, financial governance, and budget monitoring
- Supporting contract or supplier negotiations
- Providing commentary on profit and loss performance
- Analysing financial information and providing reports to senior management
- Developing and monitoring processes to ensure the efficient control of business finances
- Accounting trainee with AAT or part qualified CIMA/ACCA qualification
- Excellent IT skills specifically in Excel
- Ideal knowledge of Zero
- A self- starter with high energy
- Proven analytical skills
- Adaptable and has the ability to work well with changes
- Inquisitive and someone who is willing to ask questions rather than sit back and wait for
- Someone with well-developed commercial awareness
- Someone with the ability to engage others to achieve results
- Someone willing to create the accounting function in response to the business needs and see themselves grow.
- Someone who is not afraid to say no to planned management actions- but also offers alternatives options with a lower down-side risk to achieve the same outcomes.
- A team player
Rewards & Benefits:
- Annual salary of £26k
- Free access to over 15,000 courses covering well-being, creativity and professional development
- Up to £200 in training budget
- Employee assistance programmes covering therapies, mental health and counselling
- Flexible/Hybrid working options